COVENANT INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
CREDIT TRANSFER POLICY/PROCEDURES FOR CIU STUDENTS
ENROLLING IN COURSES AT OTHER COLLEGES
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CREDIT TRANSFER AGREEMENT FORM
If the courses you wish to transfer to CIU are listed on the Credit Transfer Service web page, do not complete this form. The purpose is to provide an evaluation of transfer credit prior to participation in the course.
PRIORITY DATES FOR PROCESSING:
1. You must submit copies of course descriptions from course catalogs or websites. The Admissions Office cannot provide copies or course catalogs.
2. List the department, course number and credits of the course you plan to take. If a specific Course is needed, list the CIU equivalent desired.
3. If you wish to dispute the distribution of these courses toward CIU degree requirements, you must contact the recorder of that department.
4. Credit from no more than TWO SCHOOLS is evaluated for each semester in which the student intends to enroll. The Office of Admissions at CIU will evaluate only TWO COURSES per school for each semester in question.
5. The Office of Admissions will evaluate the listed courses indicating the CIU equivalent and return the form to the address you indicate on the top of the form. The process takes approximately 2‐3 weeks.
6. Upon completion of the courses, YOU must request that an official transcript* be sent to the Office of Admissions, 7457 HARWIN DRIVE, STE. 149. HOUSTON, TEXAS 77036. We will evaluate the transcript and will update your permanent record with credit in those courses in which you earned a grade of “C” (2.0/4.0) or better. For any course in which a grade of “C‐” or below is received no credit will be given. Transfer grades are not recorded in your CIU G.P.A.
*Official transcripts must be received in this office in a sealed college/university envelope. Transcripts previously opened WILL NOT be accepted for transfer credit.